Full path to private files.

Full path to private files.

by George Fang -
Number of replies: 4

I'd like to upload a couple HTML5 slide shows to my private file area and then embed them into a HTML page with the iframe tag. Is this the wrong way to accomplish this? If not how can I find out the URL/File path to the index.html file to be used in the iframe tag?

I also noticed that in Moodle 2.6, there's no way to set main file once the zipped file is unpacked. This is another issue to be solved before my use case described above becomes usable.

Thanks in advance for any information in this regard.

George

Average of ratings: -
In reply to George Fang

Re: Full path to private files.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. You say I also noticed that in Moodle 2.6, there's no way to set main file once the zipped file is unpacked. This is another issue to be solved before my use case described above becomes usable.

Yes there is -nothing has changed in this respect from earlier versions. Are you sure you are uploading to the File and not Folder?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by George Fang -

Hi Marry,

Thank you for your reply.

What I did was to upload a zipped HTML5 slide show with a "index.html" and a bunch of subdirectories. After uploading the zip file to private file area I unzipped it. I was expecting the next step to be making the index.html file the main file but I couldn't figure out how to do that (I haven't tried previous versions though).

I'm new to Moodle. Generally speaking, if I want to embed a HTML5 resource (containing a index.html file and linked subdirectories) into a HTML page, what's the best way?

Thanks again for your help.

George

In reply to George Fang

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Does this help?  Number 7 in File resource settings ?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by George Fang -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your suggestion.

My original thought was to avoid adding resources to the course menu page. I want the course menu to contain only the entry to a HTML page in which I'll organize the teaching materials and necessary resources (such as HTML5 slide shows) as embedded elements with detailed descriptions. This allows the teaching materials to be presented in a more logical and more organized way. This seem to require the availability of the URL (or path) to the resources to be used in the iframe tag. I struggled unsuccessfully to find the URL to the file resource uploaded.

Is this possible? I'd appreciate it very much if you could provide some pointers in that direction.

Best regards,

George