Upload assignment w/Mac issue

Upload assignment w/Mac issue

by Ann Morgan -
Number of replies: 3

A teacher is reporting problems with people who own Mac computers having problems uploading documents to moodle with the UPLOAD assignment. She has had a couple handful of students come to her this week saying they couldn't do the upload for their assignment and they all had Macs.

Would anyone be able to point us to information on why and how to deal with this situation?  Thank you for your time!

(Moodle version is  Moodle 2.2.3 (Build: 20120514) )

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ann Morgan

Re: Upload assignment w/Mac issue

by Rob Woof -

Hi Ann,

Not sure whether it's the same issue, but check out this forum post, made three hours before yours:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=243325

Maybe hyphens in the filename is the problem. I don't know why it could be a problem, but avoiding hyphens in filenames could be an easy workaround.

HTH

Rob

In reply to Ann Morgan

by Rob Woof -

Sorry, just read that other post again, and it's about teachers not being able to open submissions with hyphens in the filename, not students unable to upload.

However, checking for unhelpful characters in filenames might lead you to a workaround.

Rob

In reply to Rob Woof

by Ann Morgan -

Thanks Rob! I sent the teacher the link to this post.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that the solution is for her students to rename file names without spaces or hyphens! I appreciate your quick response! This Moodle community forum has never let me down! smile