.ie11 css selector

.ie11 css selector

by Ruth Canton -
Number of replies: 3

can I use .ie11 in the same way as I use ie7 - ie9 ?

I've just had my PC's IE upgraded to 11 and various ie specific bits of css no longer work. Some really important styles too!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ruth Canton

Re: .ie11 css selector

by sam marshall -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Whichever Moodle version you're running, check it includes the fix for MDL-42491. Once you have that fix, yes you can use .ie11 class, but you probably don't need to as it will most likely work anyway! (Unless you did some strange custom stuff.) Without that fix, the .ie11 class, and other things related to browser detection, don't work.

There is another bug with Moodle behaviour on IE11 which has not been fixed yet, but it's less severe. (You basically have to press the submit button twice on some forms.) MDL-42719

--sam

In reply to sam marshall

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ooooh, that's evil! As IE11 reports, 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko', Firefox 25.0 reports 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0' and Chrome 30.0.1599.101 m reports 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.101 Safari/537.36'.

In reply to Ruth Canton

by John Gifford -

When has IE ever implemented CSS properly?

Microsoft deliberately pick and choose which bits they will and which bits they won't touch. That's why I use either Chromium or Firefox only using IE if I get desperate!