File download issues in Chrome AND IE

File download issues in Chrome AND IE

by Michael Cleef -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

We're running Moodle 2.5.1 on an IIS server. Some of our course teachers are having issues downloading word files from their courses. When they click on the file name, the browser responds with "Download failed: server error"

I had been able to recreate the issue, but turning on Failed Requests Tracing seemed to make it disappear, at least for most users.

I now have only one user who is unable to download their files. This obviously leads me to believe that the issue is computer specific, however the teacher is only having this issue when they use Moodle - they are able to download files from other websites just fine.

I've checked if its role related, temporarily disabled their anti-virus and even forced Chrome to ask for a save location when downloading files. A right click + save as also seems to alleviate the issue - which is fine for a workaround but staff here would prefer that everything work as it should.

Anyone got any ideas what path I could go down to fix this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Cleef

Re: File download issues in Chrome AND IE

by Jez H -

Hi, we are having a few issues at the moment in Moodle 2.4 with Chrome on the desktop and IOS7 devices.

I added a bug tracker here:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-42305

In reply to Jez H

Re: File download issues in Chrome AND IE

by Michael Cleef -

Interesting. We haven't specifically encountered the issue on any of the iOS devices used across the college.

I'll do some tests though and see if the problem occurs on iOS here too.

The plot gets thicker...