Multiple HotPot Updates

Multiple HotPot Updates

by Kim Snyder -
Number of replies: 2

Hello -- We're running Moodle 2.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2 VM - I've seen a few HotPot updates in the last week or so and can't always get to them right away.  Is it necessary to install each update in order or is the most recent update inclusive of the others?  Current HotPot version is 2010080372, so I think we are a few behind.  Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kim Snyder

Re: Multiple HotPot Updates

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Kim,
it is not necessary to install each update in order. If you install the "most recent" version, then that will automatically include any intervening updates. This applies not only to the HotPot module but also to any Moodle plugin.

Probably you are already aware that updates can sometimes have unexpected side effects, so it is generally a good idea to develop an "update policy" for your live Moodle site. Such a policy usually includes trying the upgrades first on a copy of the live site and checking through things that are likely to be affected by the upgrade. When you are reasonably confident that the update causes no problems, you are ready to update the live site, but only at a time, such as during school holidays, that will cause least disruption to any classes that are in progress.

kind regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Multiple HotPot Updates

by Kim Snyder -

Thank you Gordon!  Yes, I have the Moodle cloned on a separate VM that I use for testing.  smile