Only remark filled in, record not saved

Only remark filled in, record not saved

by Eva Adam -
Number of replies: 1

Dear All,

We started to use he attendance this September and it is an excellent tool smile However, my colleague has noticed that if you fail to select any of the attendance statuses for a student in a group, Moodle will happily inform you about the successful save even if there is an empty row in the list. If you go back to the same group, you will see the student's name printed red as a warning for not having selected the attendance status. Unfortunately if you fill in the remark field without selecting any of the statuses for a specific student, Moodle will not warn you in any way that it won't save the remark.

I would definitely recommend that if there are records in a group where the teacher failed to mark any of the the statuses, there should be a warning message about this instead of the successful save. Secondly, it would be nice if we could save a remark even if none of the statuses are selected.

Thank you.

Éva

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eva Adam

Re: Only remark filled in, record not saved

by Cheryl Rodriguez -

Eva,

This is happening to several of my instructors now, it took me a while to get to your post.  It evidently saves some of the records but only the ones marked Absent for some reason.

I'm going to see if I can create some repeatable steps and then report as a bug if I cannot find it in the bug tracker. 

Question, what type of enrollment are you using on your system.  We just switched to database enrollment so I'm curious to see if this is common as we have never had it reported before.

Thanks--

Cheryl

Moodle 2.8.6 /Linux/Apache/PHP