incorrect file package - missing imsmanifest.xml or AICC structure

incorrect file package - missing imsmanifest.xml or AICC structure

by Mark Donatelli -
Number of replies: 10

Hello,

I am running Moodle 2.5.2 (Build: 20130909) and trying to load an AICC package via the SCORM plugin, but receive the error message:  Incorrect file package - missing imsmanifest.xml or AICC structure. 

I have verified that the package can be uploaded and successfully launched via the scormcloud website (http://cloud.scorm.com).  Also, Enable direct AICC URL is enabled along with Enable external AICC HACP.  Based on some other comments, I have also disabled the "Display course structure in player" option for the SCORM plugin. 

Any help in where else to look would be greatly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Donatelli

Re: incorrect file package - missing imsmanifest.xml or AICC structure

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mark,
please, check how the compressed archive of your AICC course has been organized: the AICC descriptor files must be in the root of the archive and not in a sub-folder - the SCORM Cloud accepts the package to be included even in a first-level subfolder.

If you prefer, you could post here a picture describing the hierarchy of the files&folders in your package.

HTH,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Mark Donatelli -

Thanks Matteo, the AICC descriptor files are located in the root of the archive.  Attached is a picture of the zip file.

Attachment aicc folder structure.JPG
In reply to Mark Donatelli

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

we're probably doing a case-sensitive search on the files - rename those files to have a lower case extension (CST -> cst) and it will probably work. If that fixes it feel free to add a new bug in the tracker for us to fix that and do a case-insensitive search.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Mark Donatelli -

Thank you Dan, renaming the files to a lower case extension allowed them to be successfully loaded and launched.  I'll add a bug to the tracker.  Thanks again for your help.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Fabienne Dunk -

Hi there Dan! I'm hoping you could help me with a similar issue. I too have received the same error when uploading a Captivate SCORM file to Moodle, and read the other replies in the post however wasn't able to solve the issue.

If it helps, I have attached screenshots of the errors.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Kind regards, Fabienne

In reply to Fabienne Dunk

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

That's not a SCORM package - it's a stand-alone html package - you can upload it as a file resource:

https://docs.moodle.org/en/File_resource_settings#Displaying_a_website_index_page

If you want to use SCORM and record the tracking information/completion status you will need to open the project in Captivate and export it as a SCORM package. (check captivate docs/forums for help on how to do this.)

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Fabienne Dunk -

Thanks so much Dan, I'll give this a shot! Kind regards, Fabienne

In reply to Fabienne Dunk

by KirK Chapman -

Hello Fabienne,

To publish a SCORM file in Captivate:

File > Publish settings > Reporting > (check the box) Enable reporting for this project

This will set up your manifest file and likely solve your issue.

Peace

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to KirK Chapman

by Fabienne Dunk -

Thanks so much Kirk, very helpful! I'll try this. Cheers! Fabienne