May be time-out? Getting a blank-page while downloading large report

May be time-out? Getting a blank-page while downloading large report

by A B -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I am on the latest version of Moodle (2.5.1+) and latest version of configurable reports.

I wrote a custom SQL to list all the students for Fiscal Year 2012 along with there course details. The list is little over 5000 lines.

When I click on the XLS file to download, I am getting a blank white page (I have to press the back button on the browser to get out).

May be its a timeout while downloading large file, because if the report has a few hundred lines the XLS file downloads fine.

Any way to fix the blank page on large file download..!

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to A B

Re: May be time-out? Getting a blank-page while downloading large report

by Peter Bowen -

Hi Avas,

I posted the below back on the 29/10, however it seems to have disappeared, along with a thread I started...

I am just undergoing testing for 2.5 upgrade here. I have come across this issue - the reports all work fine in 2.4, however any reports which have larger than 5000 lines under 2.5 show a blank page.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
Peter

In reply to Peter Bowen

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Moodle.org had some database corruption. See https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=243129.

Whenever you get a blank page, your first move should be to turn on Debugging. Then you will get an error message, which will give you some idea what the problem is.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Peter Bowen -

My issue ended up being that it ran out of memory - I upped the memory limit in php.ini and this resolved the issue.

Kind regards
Peter