Customising text size in Brick Theme

Customising text size in Brick Theme

by Rachel Eichhorn -
Number of replies: 6

Does anyone know if there is a way to customise the font size and style in the Brick theme (particularly to allow the use of capital letters in the drop down menus)? I really like this theme and don't particularly want to swap.

Thanks!

Rachel.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rachel Eichhorn

Re: Customising text size in Brick Theme

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Rachel,

What version of the Brick theme and Moodle please?

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Rachel Eichhorn -

Sorry - Moodle 2.4 and it's the standard version of Brick that comes with that version.

Rachel.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Rachel,

Ok, in the file 'brick/style/core.css' remove line 231:

text-transform: uppercase;

to get rid of the upper case.

And it looks like the font size is defined around line 12 in 'canvas/style/core.css' (parent theme):

#page {
font-size: 108%;
line-height: 1.4;
}

Although you could just override that in 'brick/style/core.css' by using the same selector, like:

#page {
font-size: 16px;
}

All of this is easily discovered using the Chrome Developer Tools (press F12) - https://developers.google.com/chrome-developer-tools/ - or right click over an item and select 'Inspect element'.

Cheers,

Gareth

P.S. After making the changes, do a 'Purge all caches' -> http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Developer_tools

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Rachel Eichhorn -

Brilliant! Thanks so much - that works.  I've used Moodle as an administrator for a long time but don't have much experience of using CSS,

Thanks again

Rachel.

by Rachel Eichhorn -

I thought I'd got it to work but even though I've purged the caches, the changes are not saving.  Am I missing something really obvious? Apologies if so, this is my first stab at customisingmixed

Thanks

Rachel.