Accessibility improvements in the Grid format - CONTRIB-3240

Accessibility improvements in the Grid format - CONTRIB-3240

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi all,

I'm currently working on CONTRIB-3240 (which has links to the code) to improve accessibility with keyboard control via the TAB, Shift TAB and Enter keys (also replicated by left cursor, right cursor and esc) that select the previous section, next section and toggle the shade box respectively.

I've taken the chance to make an improvement I've wanted for ages, being left and right arrows to navigate between sections when the shade box is open.  Plus lots of taking out redundant code.

I've made a cheap and cheerful screen cast showing current progress on:

Comments / thoughts please.

I'm not completely happy with the look of the arrows.  There will be M2.3 and M2.4 versions as soon as I can after finishing the M2.5 version.  You can get the code using the link on CONTRIB-3240 or https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-courseformat_grid/archive/MOODLE_25_CONTRIB_3240.zip.  I cannot STRESS enough that this must only be used on DEVELOPMENT servers ONLY where you would expect things to go badly wrong and loose data.

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Accessibility improvements in the Grid format - CONTRIB-3240

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear all,

I've now finished the development on this (including changing the arrows to a shade of red to match the close icon, even though it is an angry colour).

Before I release it, please can you wonderful people test it beyond what I've done already so I can be confident.

Cheers,

Gareth