Randomly disappearing assignment submissions

Randomly disappearing assignment submissions

by Toan Tran -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

We've been encountering some issues with assignment submissions.  The quick grade page would show a last submission date, but nothing in the submitted attachment box. 

Just to make things more interesting, if I refresh the page, or move to the next page and then back, a different set of assignments would disappear. 

If I keep refreshing, I could see all submitted assignments show up on the screen briefly, and then some would disappear.   This makes me think that it may be Javascript related.

When I turn off JavaScript, all the submitted assignments would show up as they should.  Is there a known JavaScript function that would hide assignment submissions from the screen? 

While it's possible to turn off JavaScript while grading, doing so may disable some needed AJAX functions on that screen.

We upgraded from 2.3 to 2.5.1 hoping to resolve the issue, but that didn't help it.

Please see screen shots.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Attachment 1.PNG
Attachment 2.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Toan Tran

Re: Randomly disappearing assignment submissions

by Jukka Matikainen -

We have this issue as well, in an upgraded Moodle (2.2 -> 2.5) and in a fresh install. At first the files are shown correctly, but as soon as the treeview JavaScript is loaded, some of the files disappear. The files are not just hidden, they don't appear in the html source code at all.

The treeview works in all other pages, except the grading table. As a temporary fix we've disabled loading the treeview JavaScript by commenting out the line 59 in mod/assign/renderer.php

//$this->page->requires->js_init_call('M.mod_assign.init_tree', array(true, $this->htmlid));

Now the files are shown as html lists which is not as pretty but at least they are shown every time.

In reply to Jukka Matikainen

by Louise Davies -

Hi there,

Sounds like something we saw and reported on tracker:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-40096

In the end we resolved by using php 5.3 instead of 5.4 

Louise

In reply to Louise Davies

by Toan Tran -

Hi Louise,

I went back to 5.3 but that didn't help.  Commenting out the code solved the issue.

In reply to Jukka Matikainen

by Toan Tran -

Thank you for this.  I commented out the line, and all assignments now show up.