Troubles with the clean (bootstrap) theme

Troubles with the clean (bootstrap) theme

by Luis Joglar Ongay -
Number of replies: 6

Hello!

I am new in the moodle world, so maybe I am having some noob issue. I am trying to create my own bootstrap theme from a copy of the "clean". I followed the instructions from http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Clean_theme but once I finished all the steps, when I try to select my new theme in the theme selector section I got a Server Error (500) !!! 

I am a little lost, any one can help me? thanks a lot in advise!

Luis.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luis Joglar Ongay

Re: Troubles with the clean (bootstrap) theme

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Luis,

Double check all the changes you have made as a 500 error in this instance will be a coding fault.

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Luis Joglar Ongay -

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your quick response. I have done the process three times... And always got the server error.

Tomorrow I will try again (today I am to tired smile ) but I don't know what is happening.

Thanks,

Luis.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Luis,

I followed the guide on docs.moodle.org/dev/Clean_theme, and realised it's slightly out of date with the layout files and in lib.php with the 'theme_clean_get_html_for_settings' function which is used by 'column1.php' etc.  But if you take the view of looking at every file and renaming (including the html in the language file for the theme selector) then that works.  I've attached the working theme I created so you can compare.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Luis Joglar Ongay -

Thank you very much Gareth!

Tomorrow morning (for me is 22:11 now) I will try it looking at all files.

Thanks again, torrow I will tell you how it goes.

Luis.

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Luis,

No problem, I knocked it up whilst half watching 'The Burrowers: Animals Underground' on BBC2 - same time for me!

Another thing that just struck me is that I'm using Windows.  I've had reports of issues with permissions with the Grid course format installation which was getting 500 errors - so just struck me that this could be the case - so ensure all folders are 755 and files 644.

Cheers,

Gareth

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Have you used Clean as is for awhile?  I recommend doing this before making changes so you get a sense of what it is.  Then, make changes very slowly, maybe one at a time.  Also, minor modifications in appearance, for example, can be made in the CSS dialog box (no code changes necessary).