Can Moodle do this?

Re: Can Moodle do this?

by Colin Fraser -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

mmmm I am not sure about what you mean by: 

1. Every professional has an account (“student”)

The structure may not be that clear for you yet. Once enrolled, into the Moodle, all accounts are "authenticated users". When they are assigned a course, they are students, non-editing teachers, teachers, managers. The Moodle Admins and teachers set that up with their courses and as they enroll people.

As far as:

1. the audit-list is in one central place and NOT to be edited by the teachers
  2. teachers have no access to other students than their own employees/students
  3. results need to be visible on the students dashboard

Yes, sure. you can create a single course that cannot be edited by anyone other than the person who created the course. You can make anyone you like a "Non-editing teacher" though, but if you do not want anyone else to see the data, then use Roles to control everything and anyone. Some roles, Teachers, grant editing rights in courses. other roles do not unless you deliberately assign them.

In any case, what you want is reassurance that you can do in Moodle what you want to do. Yes, you can, considerably better than the other ones.  

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Ronald de Caluwé -
OK Colin, thx for replying. No, you're right: I'm not into the structure yet, but if I understand you right, Moodle can do a lot of things, even everything I want... That sound really great, I think it's time for a download... Btw: what I meant with 1. Every professional has an account (“student”) Is that I will use Moodle in a professional environment and not in a school or university. So the professionals are the students in my case. Cheers, Ronald
In reply to Ronald de Caluwé

by Shannon Wedge -

Your students don't literally have to be students - mine aren't, they're healthcare professionals. Lots of companies and non-profits use moodle to deliver online courses, not just schools and universities.

And moodle even lets you rename the student role if you like, on a course-by-course basis. Call them professionals, or learners, or participants, whatever makes sense to your organization.

In reply to Shannon Wedge

by Ronald de Caluwé -

That's really cool Shannon, thx for the addition!

In reply to Ronald de Caluwé

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Sorry Ronald, been really busy this month.... duh..

One of my Moodles is a small semi-publicly funded charity providing a range of supports for long-term unemployed and their families, the other is a similar faith-based organization offering retraining for the same audience. The Moodle I currently use most is a high school Moodle that is being continually developed as a one-stop shop for everything from school news to staff training to student lessons to community liason to maintenance planning and recording, (that one threw me a bit). It seems that every now and again, someone comes to me and asks if something new can be done with the Moodle. So far so good...smile 

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Ronald de Caluwé -

Thx Colin, I think I've made my mind up and decided to become a Moodler...

It will be a challenge to find something Moodle can't do, a nice prospective!

Thx again for the kind words here and we'll meet again in the forums!

Have a nice weekend and cheers,
Ronald