FREE Moodle Themes

FREE Moodle Themes

by Himmat Singh -
Number of replies: 34

BlueSleek

Hi, please visit http://ballisticlearning.biz/moodlethemes for free Moodle Themes. Our humble contribution to the Moodle movement. We plan to release 5 to 10 themes in a month. Your suggestions, criticisms, praise..any feedback will go a long way in improving the quality of our themes . In a few days we will also put in for download the layered PSD header files. The first 3 themes are available for download!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Himmat Singh

Re: FREE Moodle Themes

by Michael Penney -
Hi Himmat, are you all doing anything with icons? The Moodle icons are long overdue for an overhallsad.

This is what I've done with the nuvola iconset from kde-look but it would be great to get a complete new set of Moodle specific icons goingsmile.
Attachment 15kde-look.gif
In reply to Michael Penney

by Himmat Singh -
That's nice work you have done with kde icons. I wish there was some way of embedding icons in Themes. That way each theme could have a different icon-set!!  Have you tried our themes? Would appreciate your feedback.

by Muata Kamdibe -
Hello everyone and a big thanks to everyone making awesome Moodle themes!  Michael, I love what you did with the nuvola icon set and your Moodle page; however, did you use the icons as .png files or did you have to convert them to .gif files?  I tried to do the same thing with other KDE icon sets, but only .gif files would work.  I know this is a "rookie" question, and I hope you guys will excuse my ignoranceblush
In reply to Himmat Singh

by Walter Literowich -

Very Nice work.

I am very new to Moodle and  its program development.

I would like to learn and would ask for the recommendation for a delelopment platform for the Theme Pages -   and  the other PHP  components

I am considering Dreamweaver or GoLive  as  the base deleopment platform.

Are there any recomendations and Tutorials  Moodle  what would get get me up and running very quickly

Thanks

-Walter

In reply to Walter Literowich

by Michael Penney -
Is GoLive still shipping with Zend Studio for PHP? If so I'd recommend that.

Dreamweaver is what I use from habit, but I loathe the MX 2004 version's auto-docking and tiled windows. I have no idea who at MACR thought that reverting to 80s era interface concepts was a good idea.angry I'll be switching to something else as soon as I find time.

If you are on a Mac, DW is better, but slow, most of the Mac programmers here use TextMate.

by Himmat Singh -
MACR now belongs to Adobe..so I read somewhere. We may see an interesting hybrid now.
In reply to Walter Literowich

by Himmat Singh -
We use Dreamweaver MX 2004 for the html and php files and photoshop and fireworks for graphics. We will be putting in a few tutorials soon.

MoodleThemes - http://ballisticlearning.biz/moodlethemes
In reply to Himmat Singh

by A.G. Pate -
Himmat,

Your themes are excellent! I'm spreading the word!

Keep up the great work!
In reply to A.G. Pate

by Himmat Singh -
Thank you Graeme. Thank you very much. smile We also do general web design work.
In reply to Himmat Singh

by A.G. Pate -
In a way, I wish I hadn't switched to 1.5. I've now limited myself when it comes to these amazing themes! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas - can't wait for new themes to come out!

(How sad am I?) thoughtful
In reply to A.G. Pate

by Jeffery Watkins -
Hi A. Graeme,

I have three 1.5 themes here:  www.classroomrevolution.com  I will be putting together a couple of packages of these themes in various colors soon.

Jeff
In reply to Jeffery Watkins

by A.G. Pate -
Thanks, Jeff! Much appreciated!

(By the way, if you are particularly bored and (dare I say) sad, feel free to check out my Moodle site (not long up and running) at www.beat365.com (then click Moodle, obviously)

Nothing as amazing as your site, I admit. But it's early days. smile
In reply to A.G. Pate

by Jeffery Watkins -
Both of your sites look very good!!!

Thanks for the compliments on our site.  If you need help with graphics and such, let me know.  I am always happy to help out.

Jeff
In reply to A.G. Pate

by Rene Louwers -

Himmat,

I fully agree with A. Graeme Pate. Your themes are awesome.

I'm now using Formal bally als overall theme, for individual courses I'm using Bluelines, Deepred, Blue Sleek Fixed and College15. Really great! Thanks!

A content user  goedkeurend

In reply to Rene Louwers

by Himmat Singh -
Hi Graeme. I am very exited. Hadn't thought of course specific themes yet! Can you let us know your url?
In reply to Rene Louwers

by Himmat Singh -
Hi Rene Louwers. Can I have your url. Would like to see so many themes in one moodle!
In reply to Himmat Singh

by Rene Louwers -

Of course Himmat, although my site is in Dutch. Go to http://ecoach.nu and have a look. If you want to log in to some courses with other themes you will have to log in or need a key. I've sent you a mail with login details.

In reply to Rene Louwers

by Himmat Singh -

Rene, I see a problem with Formalbally as you have used it. The sideblock headers are darker and the login block plus the one above it have black text that can't be read easily. The original formal bally block headers look like this (pic below). Just my humble suggestion smile.

FormalBally theme slice

In reply to Himmat Singh

by Rene Louwers -

Himmat,

I think that is because Formal Bally is made for 1.4.5+ and not for 1.5. I can adjust that, but perhaps Formal Bally15 is coming out soon? Then I wait for that version.

Thanks for your advise, the original version looks much nicer, and I already like my version a lot.

In reply to Rene Louwers

by Himmat Singh -
gomangoYes, Rene, by SaturdayJune 18 you'll have FormalBally 1.5.
In reply to Himmat Singh

by Monico Briseño -
Picture of Testers
Hi, Himmat. Thanks a lot for your excellent contribution to Moodle comunity with these fantastics Moodle themes. I selected one of them to our site. Please check it out. http://virtual.cucs.udg.mx/moodle

Cheers from Guadalajara, México.

Mónico

In reply to Monico Briseño

by Himmat Singh -
Hi Monico. You're welcome. In a few days we'll also have the 1.5x version of this theme - BlueSeek - ready and released on MoodleThemes.
In reply to Himmat Singh

by Monico Briseño -
Picture of Testers
Hi, Himmat. I downloaded the 1.5 version of this theme. I installed on our Moodle testing server and it works excellent !!

Cheers

Mónico

In reply to Himmat Singh

by Hartmut Häfele -
Hello Himmat,

especially your College-Theme is very nice smile I use it for a course with about 150 students. Thank you very much for sharing your professional themes!

Hartmut

In reply to Himmat Singh

by Joris Van den Putte -

Hi Himmat,

Thanks for your peachplate theme.

This is what we did with it: http://www.econtent.lu/moodle/

In the near future we'll have our own design but until then, your theme helped us out.

Many thanks.

Ciao

Joris