What's the best way to get data from MySQL?

What's the best way to get data from MySQL?

by Ron Raney -
Number of replies: 2

I use Moodle 2.5.1+ and I am using up to date Lesson, Quiz and Questionnaire modules for a set of courses. I am using a shared host with MySQL database.

My question is what is: What is the BEST way to export data for a weekly quiz or lesson, to be analyzed by SAS statistical software? We basically need to export WHO answered WHICH questions and WHAT was their answer. I understand that there is complexity in the way the database is set up. Some of the data is going to be located in the Moodle Questions tables, and some information will be extracted from the various modules.

Any and all information will help me a great deal. I am pioneering and on my own, so I need help from all of you wonderful Moodle forum folks.

Thank you in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ron Raney

Re: What's the best way to get data from MySQL?

by Richard Bakos -

I don't really know how SAS works but moodle can export all that info out into spreadsheets from the admin backend already. Could you possibly provide the spreadsheet to the SAS software?

If you need to use MySQL it's probably going to be a pretty complex query involving a lot of JOIN/INNER JOIN statements: http://www.mysqltutorial.org/mysql-inner-join.aspx