can student open video/image from other course without being enrolled in that?

can student open video/image from other course without being enrolled in that?

by rahul bhardwaj -
Number of replies: 7

In my moodle site i created few courses and student accounts. I enroll few student to one course namely demo and few to other course namely quiz but leave one course namely physics out without any enrollment. students i enrolled in demo is not able to open the account files of quiz and students enrolled in quiz is not able to open the files of account demo. 

But somehow students in both account able to open course physics having only videos and images.

I am not getting any information in this how to correct this thing..

plz help people..

Average of ratings: -
In reply to rahul bhardwaj

Re: can student open video/image from other course without being enrolled in that?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The student needs to be enrolled in both courses to see the images etc.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: can student open video/image from other course without being enrolled in that?

by rahul bhardwaj -

no, i don't wanna show them images or videos .. i just want them to see the link and about the link .. but they should not be able to open the link unless they are enrolled into the course..

or if not content .. atleast they should be able to the courses only..

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would guess that you have allowed guess access to physics with no password requirement making it an open course.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by rahul bhardwaj -

so what can i do to change this ... I want to allow guest user to see the courses and their content like :

if i have a course physics and it contents like

1.introduction

2.chapter - 1 e.t.c.

but they are not allowed to open any of the contents ..

thanx

Rahul

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I'm sure there are other ways, but you can make use of conditional access to activities when you set them up.

One way I've done it in the past is to set a single question quiz in the top section which asks for a password/key. Once that is entered correctly all the other activities are set to be released. Does rely on a mechanism to provide the key to the correct students - we gave them out in a lecture (ensured the students attended at least the first lecture on their module! lol :D)

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by rahul bhardwaj -

Actually, i am looking into group settings right now and hoping to crack out the problem i am facing ..

just trying to put students into group and giving them a pass/key..

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I think you could give them access to the course and then use permissions on the individual activities to limit access to them there maybe.