Where to start?

Where to start?

by Robert Lefebure -
Number of replies: 4

Hi everyone,

I'm introducing Moodle to the staff at our small school for special needs students and am looking for some guidance on the best ways to do that. Should I just point them to a good tutorial already online? If so, some links would be great. Or is there an intro course(s) for teachers I could download and install in our Moodle? I tried one from MoodleCommons.org but it was an older Moodle version (1.9) and I'm running 2.4.3. and got "Invalid JSON string" error. I Googled it and there were some reports of the problem by others but it seems to have been fixed. I'm assuming the problem is the old course version, is that right?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Lefebure

Re: Where to start?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Robert,

One thing you could suggest is for teachers to participate in our upcoming course 'Teaching with Moodle: An introduction' on Learn.Moodle.net. The course will include weekly webcast tutorials, screencasts and the opportunity to participate in a variety of Moodle activities.

In reply to Helen Foster

by federica sargolini -

Hi Helen, I visited the page you linked, but I don't find any link to enroll the Moodle Mooc course. Can you help me? Thanks!

In reply to federica sargolini

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

HI theresmile As you will see on the front page of the link Helen gave you, registrations start on 19th August - so not long now!