Microsoft equation 3

Microsoft equation 3

by Patrik Nilsson -
Number of replies: 4
I have a teacher here that is teching math. I have a problem with uploaded word dokuments so I told the techers to use the HTML editor. Normally you can cut and paste text from word into the editor.
But when you use Microsoft equations3 then you can't cut and past thoose symbols. Apperently it inserts them into word as an object and not text. Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Patrik Nilsson

Re: Microsoft equation 3

by Floyd Collins -
Not sure if this will help you or not,, but you can save it as a web page, once you save it as a webpage, then open it up in IE. Now copy all the text you wish to post. In resources pick HTML Text. Then past using the Ctrl V. This is how I get around it but your mileage may very. Hope this helps.
In reply to Patrik Nilsson

by Peter Honan -

Check out http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2288

This works well but all word does is convert the equations into an image which you can then upload.
It does it in bulk though so it's pretty quick.

In reply to Peter Honan

by Miguel Reyes -

Have you though about converting those word documents onto PDF files?... there is a free PDF program that will allow you to do that here is the link

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator

smile

In reply to Miguel Reyes

by Marc Dastous -
This program is in its final Beta stages and very stable. I have only had one problem with it; the drive picker can be finicky and you have to double check that you are saving in the correct directory when the PDF is created. Otherwise, this is an excellent open source addition to your computer.

It is especially handy for those of us that are K-12 teachers and cannot afford to spend $1400+ on an Acrobat site license. Granted, PDFCreator doesn't do everything that Acrobat 6.0 does, but it does the basic things that I need in the lab to create our student portfolios.

Marc Dastous
Lovejoy Middle School
Computer Tech