Developing badges. Sorry for all the questions...

Re: Developing badges. Sorry for all the questions...

by Seth Mengal -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Mary,

Hope you are doing great, so back to Badges, finally implementing it. A few questions?

As you said, Badges you make as a site admin will appear in the user's profile but not in the course as they are not course badges. Course badges will appear in the course badges link in a course but only in that course.

-

So, i intended to make Badges for each topic completion and when you complete a course, you get a Badge(Belt Image) for course completion. Is there a way or a workaround to make the previous badges earned throughout the course to not be visible at some area.

1. The profile page shows all badges earned, regardless of the course.
  2. I was hoping first to make Course Completion badges on Site Home, so you can see only the course completion badges i.e the Belt on the 'My Latest Badges' block on the My Home Page or at the 'Profile'.
  3. And the badges block made inside the course, will only show Badges earned inside the course. i.e 'Course Badges'.

But it aint the case, as the My Latest Badges block shows all course badges even on the 'My Home Page', when it should only show 'Site Badges' at this point? Or am i missing something.

Thanks.

Attachment 12.JPG
Attachment 233.JPG