Thanks heaps for working on this and for sharing! - I'd initially preferred this method over adding Tin can functionality to the existing SCORM code so it's nice to see someone else picking this up and getting started on it - I'm still hoping to spend some time on it myself but haven't managed to find the time yet!
I see that https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_tincanlaunch is not yet accessible - is on the way, or is it the same as the one on the GitHub?
Sorry for the slowness of reply. I didn't get notifications from this forum; there do seem to be a lot of different forums for different things in the Moodle community and I've getting a little lost.
The code is at https://github.com/garemoko/moodle-mod_tincanlaunch and you can download the zip from https://github.com/garemoko/moodle-mod_tincanlaunch/archive/master.zip
Hopefully the plug in should be approved soon - there were some technicalities with how I'd filled out the plug in submission form that I had to address, and going on holiday in the middle of that didn't help!
Please feel free to email me email@example.com if you have any issues with the plugin and I'll see what I can do to help. Please also do raise issues on the Github; pull requests are also most welcome.
I've made some changes in my development version and created a Pull Request to master here:
The development version in full is here:
If anybody has time to either test the plugin or review the code, I'd really appreciate it. Please log any issues on the Github rather than here. If you don't have Github and don't wan't to register (it's free!) then email firstname.lastname@example.org instead.
In particular I don't think the update code works. Anybody have experience in this area?
Thank you for your hard work and putting the plug in together.
I'm a beginner in moodle and I'm a little lost.
I installed your plug in using ftp. I published my course from storyline using Tin can api option.
What should I do next?
Could I hire you to help me set up my course ?
Sorry I didn't see your message. I unsubscribed from this forum because otherwise I get a million emails a day. Sadly it's not possible to subscribe only to one thread.
There's installation instructions here: https://github.com/garemoko/moodle-mod_tincanlaunch
If you're struggling, I'm happy to answer more specific questions to my personal e-mail account email@example.com
If you do want to hire me to set up your course (or do any otehr Moodle work), you can't hire me directly, but you can contract the company I work for to do some work for you. Mail my work email firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll put you in touch with the sales guys. It might or might not be me personally who does the work.
Have had all sorts of problems with the plug in. I get the following error messages from both Wax and Scorm Cloud.
The tech guys at both don't seem to know what causes these.
HI Andrew / Paul, I seem to be getting the same errors, I launched the dev tools in firefox and see waxlrs is reporting bad http request - error 400 when the data is posted to them.
- Remote Address:184.108.40.206:443
- Request URL:
- Request Method:POST
- Status Code:400 Bad Request
- Request Headersview source
- User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2062.120 Safari/537.36
- Query String Parametersview sourceview URL encoded
- Request Payload
- Response Headersview source
- Content-Type:text/html; charset=UTF-8
- Date:Sat, 20 Sep 2014 23:41:56 GMT
Thanks for posting that. Two things I can see from that:
1. The version of the launcher you're using seems to be passing a version parameter. That's known to cause problems with wax and I thought I had removed it from the latest code, but it looks like I didn't. Its gone now on GitHub. It'll certainly be fixed in the next release too, which will be a big step forward from what's on GitHub.
2. It looks like you're using Articlulate Storyline 2? Or maybe some other Articulate product? See this thread on how to modify your package for the best tracking: http://community.articulate.com/forums/t/56219.aspx
Hope that helps. Feel free to raise an issue on GitHub in future for better e-mail notifications and a faster response; this forum's single subscription is pretty noisy.
Also note: this is not the same issue as Paul - he was getting 401 errors which suggests something was wrong with his configuration.
Thanks for taking a look Andrew. I will go over the things you mentioned.