Moodle and its GUI

Re: Moodle and its GUI

by Frankie Kam -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Plugin developers

A Moodle site like University of New England in Australia  reminds me that with the right CSS and website coding magic, you can actually have a pretty nice LMS interface. Seeing a site like that always brings this thought to my mind: "Wow, how did they do that?". I mean, how much effort does it take to spruce up a Moodle site so that it looks so deliciously different from out of the box?

and here again..

and the familiar login screen..

Frankie

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Frankie Kam

by Stephen Livesey -

Hi Frankie, couldn't agree more. Out of the box it looks terrible but with a bit of CSS you can make Moodle look awesome!

Stephen

In reply to Stephen Livesey

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If its the 'out-of-the-box' look and feel that's a large part of the issue, perhaps we should be paying more attention to getting some of the most popular and best looking themes (Essential/Aardvark - in one of its variations)/Rocket/etc) into core and freshen up the list of core themes?

It would be nice to see some of these institutional themes made available to the community too - even as a gallery if the themes themselves can't be made available due to image copyright etc - just to prove what Moodle CAN look like. There are some good looking themes out there - and Moodle doesn't HAVE to look like Moodle.

Both the images attached are Moodle front pages (I have blurred various bits because I didn't want to fall foul of any advertising rules on the forum smile ), and if you take a look at some of the work Mary Evans does to create Moodle Themes from other web-templates too!!

Richard

Attachment image1_opt.png
Attachment image2_opt.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)