The Tabs Course Format uses a customized Activity Tracking System (see screenshot below). The main features are as follows:
1) Status icons for the following activity completion statuses:
- Complete (passing grade)
- Incomplete(failing grade)
- Not Attempted
- Submitted (waiting for grade)
2) Status icons are located on left side of the activity name for consistent layout Course tabs displays a green line (to indicate all activities are successfully completed) or a red line (to indicate that at least 1 activity needs work).
3) Each tab also uses a mouseover bubble to provide a summary of the activity status for a given week/topic.
4) We also use a separate block called “My Progress” which provides the student with progress overview for the entire course.
Feel free to play with this plugin in our demo site here: http://moodlefn1.knet.ca/demo/m25/
More info about the Tabs Course Format found in this PDF