How does one validate the php and docs for xhtml compliance?

Re: How does one validate the php and docs for xhtml compliance?

de Roel Cantada -
Número de respuestas: 0
Thanks guys for the tips, unfortunately the tidy extension for linux does'nt work on my debian sarge firefox. I keep getting illegal instruction error and firefox would not restart. So i found a different approach which may save translators using Debian GNU/Linux some cutting & pasting of urls.

The solution i would like to share, tries to solve the problem of using the local w3c-markup-validator and wdg-html-validator without having to cut and paste urls. Both validators are available as deb packages for sarge.

So i simply changed mozilla-checky, a debian package of a firefox extension which uses online validators. I made it point to the local validators mentioned and it worked. All one has to do now is go to Tools>>Checky>>choose the validator.

Unfortunately i'm not a programmer, so if you install this deb package you won't be able to use the public online validator of w3c and wdg. The proper solution should have been to merely add the local validators, but this is beyond my capability. Apologies to the package maintainer as well since i don't know how to change the info on the package to reflect the changes i made. I also changed the w3c checklink as well but the html url is not passed to checklink. The html validators did not have this problem.

If you want to do this hack yourself rather than install my attached package, here is the detail of what i did:

1. downloaded sourcefiles (tar.gz, .dsc, .diff) for mozilla-checky from debian.org. Testing or sarge version.

2. #dpkg-source -x mozilla-checky.dsc

3. #cd checky-2.5/checky/content/checky/

4. edited common.js, and replaced the w3c and wdg validator urls with localhost validators.

5. #dpkg-buildpackage

6. #dpkg -i checky....deb //to install the package.

I hope this would be useful to other translators using debian GNU/Linux systems.