Edit HTML files

Edit HTML files

by Habid Martínez -
Number of replies: 4

Hey there!

I really, really need your help. I'm starting to use Moodle and I'm just finding out where everything is. What I don't get is where all the HTML files are. I want to find them so that way I could modify what I want. I've just found the PHP files but... I think I cannot do many things with them because what I want is to modify the page.

Please, could you help me? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Habid Martínez

Re: Edit HTML files

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Habid,

There are not any HTML files.  All the HTML is generated by the PHP.  The 'Theme' is the top level and everything else stems from that in one way or another.  You will find the main wrapper for the page in the 'layout' folder of the theme or it's base theme (in its 'config.php' file) if it does not have any.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Habid Martínez -

Oh, OK. Thank you... 

Is it possibe to do with PHP that the users could type their password twice when they sign up?

In reply to Habid Martínez

by Richard Bakos -

Yes, it possible to set up verification to compare the passwords against each other. You can even create an external registration page outside of Moodle that hooks into Moodles authorization/registration "process". You will need some understanding of at least PHP programming to accomplish either of these... AJAX skills may also be useful for this as well...