Portfolio Plugin for Evernote

Portfolio Plugin for Evernote

by Vishal Raheja -
Number of replies: 6

Hi Everybody,

As part of GSoC 2013, I'll be writing the Portfolio Plugin for Evernote. This would help users to export the Forum posts to their Evernote accounts. You can find the specifications here.

The link to the tracker issue is CONTRIB-4338.

Currently, there is a Moodle Repository for Evernote. The link to the repository is here. This repository was developed by Frédéric Massart. This helps in downloading a file from Evernote. But, as such, there is no plugin available for exporting the Moodle content to Evernote. This project would try to develop the Portfolio plugin which helps users to upload the Moodle content to their Evernote accounts.

It would be great if you can give in some of your views or additional features that you think might be useful for this plugin.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vishal Raheja

Re: Portfolio Plugin for Evernote

by Michael de Raadt -

You're off to a good start, Vishal.

Hopefully sore people will follow your work and take advantage of this new functionality.

In reply to Michael de Raadt

by Vishal Raheja -

Thanks a lot Michael! smile

Interested folks can also have a look at the code on Github. (It's cluttered and a bit messy at the moment)

Also, I'm currently blogging on http://thatsvishalhere.blogspot.in/ about the progress of the project. I'll be blogging about all the problems I faced and the current features being introduced in the plugin.

Hope people find this plugin useful. smile

by Bob Puffer -

One quite useful thing I saw at CLAMP's hack-doc was a report from Kevin Wilarty of Smith making the course page into a pdf.  See some opportunities for integration between the two of you.  

by Frédéric Massart ⭐ -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Nice progress so far Vishal. I see you've reached the first milestone which puts everything in place for more features, good job!

I haven't tried the plugin yet, but I will find some time to do so early next week.

Cheers!

Fred

In reply to Frédéric Massart ⭐

by Vishal Raheja -

Thanks a lot Fred! smile

I've also solved the problem where the plugin was working for forum posts only. Now the plugin works for exporting the other modules as well. I have tested out exporting the Glossary pages and the chats and they are working well till now. I'll soon be testing out exporting the assignment submissions, database activities and the Database activity module entries as well. Currently the export is working well for the Plain HTML exports.

Hope, I'll soon be able to start off with Milestone 2 as well where the users would also be able to export the attachments in forum posts. So, the users would have the feature of exporting the Rich HTML and the file formats too after milestone 2 is completed.