Cannot see added course format

Cannot see added course format

by Greg Barber -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

Looking for some instructions on adding and activating added course formats.  Have tried to add the Grid Format to my moodle but cannot see it in the Format dropdown on the Course Settings page.

Have installed the "Grid" folder into the "course/format" as instructed by the readme but there is no further instruction on what I should do and the format as stated does not appear where I expect it.

If there is a guide somewhere I would appreciate if someone could point me to it.

I have Moodle 2.2.7 and the 2.2 version of the grid layout.

Regards

Greg

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Greg Barber

Re: Cannot see added course format

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Greg,

Just checked and indeed the readme is a bit short - oops!  Ok, the installation will be similar to that of Collapsed Topics (CT) for which I've made a video:

All you need to do is follow it bar the bits of customising CT.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Greg Barber

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Greg

After inserting a new format in directory yourmoodle/course/format

Go to your moodle and complete the installation from settings > site administration > notifications . there you will see table mention Grid format to be installed, click the 'upgrade your database' button below the table. Then you will see a grid course format in the dropdown.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Greg Barber -

Ok so this is the bit that's not happening.  Here's what I have done...

1. Put Moodle into Maintenance Mode.
  2. Copy the grid folder to moodle/course/format.
  3. Login as admin, go to Settings-Site Admin-Notifications

Problem is there is no notification about the course format.  All it says is that the site is in maintenance mode.

EDIT:  Fixed.  The folder name was "Grid".  Changed it to "grid" and can now see the notification.

Greg