Emails Not Required

Emails Not Required

by Seth Mengal -
Number of replies: 5

Hi, 

As we are targetting young students which do not have an Email, how can we disable Email from Registration (From Both Admin/User Side)

Cheers

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Seth Mengal

Re: Emails Not Required

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi

You can do message settings from Settings > Site administration > Plugins > message outputs > default message output . You can enable or disable all your email from there which a user get for various notifications.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Seth Mengal -

Hi Sakshi, even after disabling Email.

The 

Email addressRequired field is Required on User Registration Field. I want to get rid of that really. smile

Thanks 
In reply to Seth Mengal

by Sakshi Goel -

Hey I thought before that you are talking about email which user received. I don't know how to make the email address as optional field. It can't be from moodle inside. may be some customization required.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Seth Mengal -

Yeah even i figured that out, anyone if hints me with the customization page i would happy to look at it..

In reply to Seth Mengal

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Emails have always been required in Moodle, however there are various workarounds listed in the documentation No Email.