Max "the Cat"gets 3 new ideas about donations.

Max "the Cat"gets 3 new ideas about donations.

by Max Zúñiga -
Number of replies: 3
Max is Ok,now,after mending his wounds ,for a while,
after his failed last idea for a moodleton.
My new ideas submitted to our leader and chief
guru (MD) here ,is:
1.to rename the donation page: "The Donors Club"
2.to create a new donor category:
Perpetual Donors:
Here will be all those who pledge to donor regularly
for life:per week,month or once a year
3.Every donor becomes a member of the Club,and they vote
and volunteer to administer the Club.
OK,
if you like this idea,say so,dont just sit there,Ok ?
I want to "hear " what you think.
This is it,
Thanks.Adios.
"Max,the Cat" from Ontario,Canada
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Max Zúñiga

Re: Max "the Cat"gets 3 new ideas about donations.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sorry, Max, didn't mean to ignore your last post, I've just been too busy to do anything about it.  Unfortunately these ideas would just increase the work for me to do ... but I really appreciate your intention and effort to help donations!!!  approve

There are two ideas in the pipeline already which you should see on the site soon.  The first one is simply to mention donations more prominently on the download page and in Moodle itself (on the Admin page).  The second is a new sponsoring scheme (but I can't say more on this yet).
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Max Zúñiga -
Ok.Big Chief , I agree,I will smoke the peace pipe now.
Best Regards,
max
In reply to Max Zúñiga

by John Rodgers -
I'll take another stab at this concept:

There are two issues which have arisen:

1. I would really like the opportunity to make a regular monetary contribution to moodle and make it tax-deductable at the same time. 
  2. When I'm doing advocacy I would like to have an identifiable network of local service providers and users, preferrably gathered into one place in a nice neat geographical package.  This might also help with the "what about support" question.
To solve the first question, I'm wondering if its possible to form a professional organization or a subscription service of some kind.  For example, there might be an Ontario group I could subscribe or belong to.

The money spent for a donation would go towards subscribing to the service or making me part of a professional organization of moodle educators, making it a tax-deducatable outlay while 100% would be forwarded to moodle. 

Moodle Partners could be part of the group for free, but other local moodle service providers could be listed based on a similar certification program.  These could include moodle trainers of various levels (A/B/C?) or learning designers.

The  subscription service itself would provide a place interested parties could browse to or be referred to when searching for local service or support options while providing a means of supporting the development of moodle.  Will this work?