Hotpot quiz not being recorded in the gradebook

Hotpot quiz not being recorded in the gradebook

by Elissa Callaghan -
Number of replies: 1

Hi everyone,

I have already launched my course and have discovered a problem with my Hot Potatoes quiz. Students are able to do the quiz, however, when they complete the last question, they are unable to exit the test. When I check the gradebook, none of their attempts have been recorded. The test is visible in the gradebook, but not the scores of the students.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem. It is quite urgent.

Kind regards,

Elissa

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elissa Callaghan

Re: Hotpot quiz not being recorded in the gradebook

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Elissa,
Hot Potatoes exercises do not function like a "test" in the way that you and your students appear to expect.

Please explain to your students that Hot Potatoes are learning exercises, in which they have to keep going till the find a correct response to each question. Only then will their results be sent back to Moodle and stored in the grade book.

If your students answers each question correctly first time, they will get 100%, but the more attempts they have at each question, and the more they make use of the hints and clues that are available, then the more their score wil drop.

Here is a tutorial on how to make JQuiz behave like a traditional test:

regards
Gordon