Marking Block

Marking Block

by Rob Fitzgerald -
Number of replies: 16

Hi

Just upgraded to 1.5 but its not installing the marking block. Going to Admin returns the error:

Fatal error: Class courseblock_marking: Cannot inherit from undefined class moodleblock in /www/r/robfitz/htdocs/Students/blocks/marking/block_marking.php on line 3

Same thing happens when I try to go to the blocks section in Admin

Installed latest copy from Sourcforge with same results

Any suggestions gratefully received

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Fitzgerald

Re: Marking Block

by Darren Smith -

Do you mean this marking block?

If so,then it's not 1.5 compatible for many reasons. This is something we will be looking to upgrade sometime after a final 1.5 release.

In reply to Darren Smith

by Rob Fitzgerald -

Ive renamed and deleted the marking block folder but now get the followin error messages in edit view

Warning: block_load_class(/www/r/robfitz/htdocs/Students/blocks/marking/block_marking.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/r/robfitz/htdocs/Students/lib/blocklib.php on line 91

Warning: block_load_class(): Failed opening '/www/r/robfitz/htdocs/Students/blocks/marking/block_marking.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in /www/r/robfitz/htdocs/Students/lib/blocklib.php on line 91

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/r/robfitz/htdocs/Students/lib/blocklib.php on line 144

What can I edit to properly remove this block?

by Darren Smith -

try (from the front page) admin > blocks > and then you can hit delete next to the title.

In reply to Darren Smith

by Rob Fitzgerald -

Thanks Darren but I tried that already - it doesnt appear in the list. Get this error at the top instead

Warning: block_load_class(/www/r/robfitz/htdocs/Students/blocks/marking/block_marking.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/r/robfitz/htdocs/Students/lib/blocklib.php on line 91

Warning: block_load_class(): Failed opening '/www/r/robfitz/htdocs/Students/blocks/marking/block_marking.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in /www/r/robfitz/htdocs/Students/lib/blocklib.php on line 91

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Couple of questions:
  1. Which screen are you accessing when you get that error?
  2. When you said you renamed and deleted the block, did you move it right out of the 'blocks' directory? If you didn't, it will keep trying to install it - even the renamed one.
mike
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Rob Fitzgerald -

Thanks for the reply Mike

I tried both - I renamed it old_marking..etc to see if the install would bypass it. When it didnt solve the problem I deleted it completely.

Im seeing the previous error message when I go into Admin>Blocks

I can see all the other blocks but none called Marking to delete./

by John Papaioannou -
This is an issue with the way 1.5 responds to blocks only compatible with Moodle 1.4. Yesterday I made some changes to improve exactly this behavior, and I 'm confident that problems like yours will not be caused again.

However, it will be nice to keep all bases covered anyway. Do you still have this problem (error messages)? Can you upgrade to the latest development version and report on what you see?

Thanks!
Jon
In reply to John Papaioannou

by Rob Fitzgerald -
Thanks for that Jon - Ill upgrade in the next couple of days and let you know
In reply to John Papaioannou

by Rob Fitzgerald -

Ok upgraded and now get the following message:

Warning: file(/www/r/robfitz/htdocs/Students/blocks/marking/block_marking.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/r/robfitz/htdocs/Students/lib/blocklib.php on line 21

Block marking is not compatible with the current version of Mooodle and needs to be updated by a programmer.
Unfortunatley Im not a programmer thoughtful

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You may have to remove the block manually...

If you have access to your database, look for an entry in the 'block' table with the name 'marking' and delete it. As long as you have removed the 'block_marking' subdirectory from the 'blocks' directory, this should take care of it.

mike
In reply to Darren Smith

by Richard Ackland -

Any news on the 1.5 version of this marking block yet. It was a god send in moddle 1.4.4. My switch to moodle 1.5 won't be complete until this is back!!!

smile

In reply to Richard Ackland

by Darren Smith -
Thanks for your kind words smile

Marking block will be upgraded to 1.5 with some new features.

We have an agreement with Mike and the order was put into our system on Monday. I was at a meeting today so hopefully when I go in to work tomorrow (wed) I can give Mike the go ahead. If not, I will chase it up at work as we are also keen to move forward on this big grin

Darren
In reply to Darren Smith

by Richard Ackland -
Any closer to working in 1.5? wink
In reply to Richard Ackland

by Darren Smith -
Yes!

Mike emailed me a 1.5 version yesterday and it is under testing and looks fine.

The new version may well have lots of new features so the next step is to get the new stuff in and then to test that. Don't want to say too much here about the new stuff as some stuff may stay and some may go depending Mike working his magic to fit our budget.

We will then pay Mike, the money will clear then I will release the zip in this forum under a new thread smile