Fill in content feature in Wiki

Fill in content feature in Wiki

by Ray Lawrence -
Number of replies: 2
From the help file;
"Fill in initial content

This is the content which can be initially filled into the Wiki.

If you want your own initial content, create it as text-files, and upload it to a directory in the coursefiles area. Then select one of the files as the initial page. All pages in that directory will become contentfor every new wiki structure created for this wiki, and the selected page will be the first page."

I can do all of the above except that in italics. Is there a step missing in the help file? I'm expecting to see a links created automatically. Is that correct, or must they be created manually as normal?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ray Lawrence

Re: Fill in content feature in Wiki

by Samuli Karevaara -
The links have to be in your initial file. Not links to everywhere, but to something at least. You can use CamelCase. The file names are the page names, and they can't even have the file extension (like .txt). For example, you have a file called "FirstPage", it contains text like "There is also a SecondPage". The you have a file called "SecondPage" with similar text pointing to the FirstPage. Put the two files in a same Moodle course folder, choose the first as an initial page and try it out.
In reply to Samuli Karevaara

Re: Fill in content feature in Wiki

by Ray Lawrence -
Samuli,

I'd been doing that already but on reading the help file again I thought perhaps something was supposed to be happening more "automatically". The good news is I understood how to use this feature properly all along. Many thanks for your reply.