Plans for downloadable rubric scores?

Plans for downloadable rubric scores?

by Mary Beth McKee -
Number of replies: 5

We are currently using Moodle 2.4.3+  Our faculty like the rubric and marking guide options available in assignments.  Are there any plans to eventually offer a downloadable text file of class results, so a teacher can analyze the data based on the various rubric components?  In the way that teachers can download quiz results to analyze specific questions, they would love to download the rubric component scores.

Thanks,

Mary Beth

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Beth McKee

Re: Plans for downloadable rubric scores?

by Russell Waldron -

I second this. We have so much need for this. It will be an important teaching tool.

In reply to Russell Waldron

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

There is an open bug in the tracker related to this (MDL-32089) but I'm not aware of anyone actively working on it. It seems to have a good number of votes which helps but if you could also contract a Moodle Partner to do the work and submit it for inclusion in core. (I work for the Moodle Partner Catalyst IT and developed the Marking guide plugin)

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Mary Beth McKee -

Thanks for alerting me to the ticket; I will vote for it.

Mary Beth

In reply to Mary Beth McKee

by Stephanie West -

I work with Mary Beth at Appalachian State University and wanted to add to the importance of this request.  We need the ability to download results from rubrics/marking guides (both summed scores for individual items AND individual item results and comments per student) for both academic program accreditation and SACS (accreditation of our University).  Without the ability to download these results, using the rubrics and marking guides has no value as we'll still need to capture this information in another way.  At the very least, the ability to print out the results from each student  would allow us to scan all of the printouts and save them into a document that we could use for accreditation/SACS.  This alternative seems quite labor intensive, however.

In reply to Stephanie West

by Eva Adam -

We also use the advanced grading methods in Moodle and I have also voted for this new feature smile

In the meantime I use the configurable reports block and have created 2 SQL queries for saving all the details. It is in a list format which I transform to a Pivot table in Excel. You can add extra conditions in the WHERE section (course name, assignment id, etc if you have a lot of courses with a lot of results in your Moodle site)

However, I would also be very happy if the rubric/guide result export function were available from the course / assignment interface so that teachers could also get these for themselves.

Éva

SQL for rubric results:

SELECT crc.name, crs.shortname, crs.fullname, asg.name AS assignment, gd.name AS rubric_name, CONCAT(stu.lastname, ' ', stu.firstname) AS student, grc.description, grl.definition, grl.score, grf.remark, ROUND(ag.grade,2) AS rawgrade, FROM_UNIXTIME(gin.timemodified) AS modified, CONCAT(rubm.lastname, ' ', rubm.firstname) AS Rater, ROUND(grg.finalgrade,2) AS Finalgrade, grg.feedback,
CASE
  WHEN grg.overridden = 0
   THEN '-'
  ELSE FROM_UNIXTIME(grg.overridden)
END AS 'GradeOverridden',
FROM_UNIXTIME(grg.timemodified) AS FinalGrade_modified, CONCAT(m.lastname, ' ', m.firstname) AS FinalGrade_modifier, stu.username AS stulogin
FROM {course} AS crs
JOIN {course_categories} AS crc ON crs.category = crc.id
JOIN {course_modules} AS cm ON crs.id = cm.course
JOIN {assign} AS asg ON asg.id = cm.instance
JOIN {context} AS c ON cm.id = c.instanceid
JOIN {grading_areas} AS ga ON c.id=ga.contextid
JOIN {grading_definitions} AS gd ON ga.id = gd.areaid
JOIN {gradingform_rubric_criteria} AS grc ON (grc.definitionid = gd.id)
JOIN {gradingform_rubric_levels} AS grl ON (grl.criterionid = grc.id)
JOIN {grading_instances} AS gin ON gin.definitionid = gd.id
JOIN {assign_grades} AS ag ON ag.id = gin.itemid
JOIN {user} AS rubm ON rubm.id = gin.raterid
JOIN {gradingform_rubric_fillings} AS grf ON  ((grf.instanceid = gin.id) AND (grf.criterionid = grc.id) AND (grf.levelid = grl.id))
JOIN {grade_items} AS grit ON ((grit.courseid = crs.id) AND (grit.itemmodule = 'assign') AND (grit.iteminstance = asg.id))
JOIN {grade_grades} AS grg ON (grg.itemid = grit.id)
JOIN {user} AS stu ON ((stu.id = ag.userid) AND (stu.id = grg.userid))
JOIN {user} AS m ON m.id = grg.usermodified
WHERE gin.status = 1

Guide results:

SELECT crc.name AS category_name, crs.shortname, asg.name AS assignment, gd.name AS rubric_name, CONCAT(stu.lastname, ' ', stu.firstname) AS student, grc.shortname AS shortdescr, grc.description, grc.maxscore, grf.score, grf.remark, ROUND(ag.grade,2) AS rawgrade, FROM_UNIXTIME(gin.timemodified) AS modified, CONCAT(rubm.lastname, ' ', rubm.firstname) AS Rater, ROUND(grg.finalgrade,2) AS Finalgrade, grg.feedback,
CASE
  WHEN grg.overridden = 0
   THEN '-'
  ELSE FROM_UNIXTIME(grg.overridden)
END AS 'GradeOverridden',
FROM_UNIXTIME(grg.timemodified) AS FinalGrade_modified, CONCAT(m.lastname, ' ', m.firstname) AS FinalGrade_modifier
FROM {course} AS crs
JOIN {course_categories} AS crc ON crs.category = crc.id
JOIN {course_modules} AS cm ON crs.id = cm.course
JOIN {assign} AS asg ON asg.id = cm.instance
JOIN {context} AS c ON cm.id = c.instanceid
JOIN {grading_areas} AS ga ON c.id=ga.contextid
JOIN {grading_definitions} AS gd ON ga.id = gd.areaid
JOIN {gradingform_guide_criteria} AS grc ON (grc.definitionid = gd.id)
JOIN {grading_instances} AS gin ON gin.definitionid = gd.id
JOIN {assign_grades} AS ag ON ag.id = gin.itemid
JOIN {user} AS rubm ON rubm.id = gin.raterid
JOIN {gradingform_guide_fillings} AS grf ON  ((grf.instanceid = gin.id) AND (grf.criterionid = grc.id))
JOIN {grade_items} AS grit ON ((grit.courseid = crs.id) AND (grit.itemmodule = 'assign') AND (grit.iteminstance = asg.id))
JOIN {grade_grades} AS grg ON (grg.itemid = grit.id)
JOIN {user} AS stu ON ((stu.id = ag.userid) AND (stu.id = grg.userid))
JOIN {user} AS m ON m.id = grg.usermodified
WHERE gin.status = 1

Average of ratings: Useful (1)