Moving books without deleting & recreating

Moving books without deleting & recreating

by Anna Fergison -
Number of replies: 4

Hello all!

I am wondering if there is a way to move a book to another area once it is created?

For example, I created a book and it is posted under the "news" block on the home page.  I want to list it in a new section of my main menu for new library items, so need to move it over to that block.  Is there a way to do this, or do I have to delete the book and create a new one?  I realize I could just create an additional link to the book, but then it would be listed in both places, and I cannot hide it in the "news" block or it wont be accessible to students.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! - Anna

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anna Fergison

Re: Moving books without deleting & recreating

by Reb Brewer -
I would like to know the answer to this also.

Thanks! - Reb
In reply to Reb Brewer

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

To move a book from one course to another, you need to backup your course, selecting "Yes" to include books and "No" to everything else, then restore to another course.

To move a book within a course, use the little up/down arrows next to the book when editing is on.

wild girl smile
In reply to Helen Foster

by Monica King -
I just wanted to thank you for your reply.  Sometimes I feel technically impaired and it was very helpful.