Cloze question type ordering

Re: Cloze question type ordering

by Pierre Pichet -
Number of replies: 3

The actual moodle code

since MDL-10971 question type multianswer: Respect quiz shuffle option (19 Sep 2014)

give the following result that all thre types MC, MCV, MCH respect the quiz suffle.

shuffle on

and

off

The shuffling is  applied to all multichoice subquestions independently of  the individual subquestion shuffle setting. (1 for MC and 0 for MCH and MCV)

Our proposal offers complete flexibility.
In reply to Pierre Pichet

Shuffling in cloze questions

by Sonja Sperber -

Hi,

Our quizzes are comprised of multiple choice Cloze questions.

Sometimes its useful to shuffle the answers. 

In case e.g. of "yes-and-no questions“ we definitely don’t

want to shuffle.We use Moodle 2.9.1.

So I installed the plugin tinymce_clozeeditor. 

After doing so moodle did not recognize the MCO-option.

So I changed the files:

<MOODLEDIR>question/type/multianswer/edit_multianswer_form.php

<MOODLEDIR>question/type/multianswer/questiontype.php

according to:

https://github.com/moodle/moodle/compare/master...ppichet:MDL-38214

now the table quiz_question_intances is not found.

debugger tells:

Tabelle "quiz_question_instances" existiert nicht

Weitere Informationen über diesen Fehler

Debug info: 

Error code: ddltablenotexist

Stack trace: 

• line 585 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_exception thrown
  • line 1257 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->where_clause()
  • line 57 of /question/type/multianswer/edit_multianswer_form.php: call to moodle_database->get_records()
  • line 217 of /question/type/questiontypebase.php: call to qtype_multianswer_edit_form->__construct()
  • line 193 of /question/question.php: call to question_type->create_editing_form()

Can you get me started on how to let moodle shuffle answers in  particular multiple

choice questions in a quiz a disable shuffling for other questions

in the same quiz ?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Sonja 

In reply to Sonja Sperber

Re: Shuffling in cloze questions

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sonja,

If I'm not mistaken, to get multiple choice to shuffle and other types to not shuffle, you will need to upgrade to Moodle 3 so that you can take advantage of the 3 new Cloze multiple choice sub-questions. You can find more info here: https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/Embedded_Answers_%28Cloze%29_question_type

In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Shuffling in cloze questions

by Sonja Sperber -

To whom it may concern...

here is a solution I found...

If I only implement the changes for "question/type/multianswer/questiontype.php"

according to https://github.com/moodle/moodle/compare/master...ppichet:MDL-38214 (and leave out the changes for question/type/multianswer/edit_multianswer_form.php)  it works for me. I can take "MCHS" for unordered and MCO for 

ordered answers in Multiple choice questions and compose a test out of it (under Moodle 2.9.1). If there are risks let me know but so far it works ...

Cheers