LAMS vs Moodle Lesson Activity

LAMS vs Moodle Lesson Activity

by Atif Rasheed -
Number of replies: 2

I am new to Moodle and just want to understand as why we need LAMS if we can develop or build the sequence of activities using Moodle Lesson Module ? I have seen alot of people putting efforts in LAMS+Moodle integration so probably LAMS is offerring something big.  Am I missing something here ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Atif Rasheed

Re: LAMS vs Moodle Lesson Activity

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. An interesting question. LAMS isn't standard in Moodle as far as  I know (I remember seeing it there years and years ago and was told not to use it as  it didn't work) but I am always a fan of using standard Moodle modules, like the Lesson module, which don't need you to add anything extra. It will be good to hear from people with experience  in LAMS integration to see what they have to say.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: LAMS vs Moodle Lesson Activity

by Atif Rasheed -

Hi Mary, 

Seems no one is interested in this topic smile

However, I am trying to setup LAMS+Moodle and see how its different than moodle native lesson plan. Setup is complete and integration validation works but when I try to add a LAMS activity I get an exception which I have posted to lamscommunity. Let's see how it goes, I will keep you posted on my findings.

btw, you can find lams integration discussion in below thread.

http://lamscommunity.org/dotlrn/clubs/technicalcommunity/forums/message-view?message_id=1546653