Changing or Scaling Navigation Arrows in Book

Changing or Scaling Navigation Arrows in Book

by Rodney Wolford -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I've been working on a Moodle site (2.4.3) using the Rocket theme.

Several testers have complained that the Navigation Arrows on the Book pages are too small (sample page attached).

I am still pretty new to Moodle, just a bit more than six months, and I just don't quite know what to change and where to make this happen.

Can someone give me some guidance?

Thanks,

Rod Wolford

Attachment Book_Navigation_Arrows.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rodney Wolford

Changing or scaling navigation arrows in a Book

by IRCF IRCF -

Hello,

I need to customize the prev/next book navigation buttons too.

I hoped there would have been a book_renderer class with a navigation_buttons method so that I could have overriden it simply, but it's not the case.

The book rendering is done in the mod/book/view.php file which contains raw php/hml output, so imho there is unfortunately no way to override this, unless there is a way to override any PHP file in Moodle, but I couldn't find it...

So for now I think the only way is to hack the file, too bad for upgrades sad

(Edited by Mary Cooch -  to make the title more descriptive -original submission Monday, 22 April 2013, 10:57 AM)

In reply to IRCF IRCF

Existing request in Moodle tracker

by IRCF IRCF -

A request for creating a renderer in mod book exists in Moodle Tracker :
https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-35441

If you also need this feature, please vote for it smile

In reply to IRCF IRCF

Re: Existing request in Moodle tracker

by Rodney Wolford -

Hello,

I had asked about changing the layout in book. Now I see a request for a render in book has been made. And when I visit the tracker location I see two new php files created by ircf (presumably). I have downloaded them. Can I use them in my book folder to give me rendering capability (I am currently using Moodle 2.4.3, trying with difficulty to get to 2.5)?

Thanks,

Rod Wolford