Issue with Bootstrap theme and conditional activities

Issue with Bootstrap theme and conditional activities

by Gideon Williams -
Number of replies: 14

The label and tasks remain almost greyed out even when it shows after a conditional activity task?

Both the label and task are initially set to be hidden in the Restricted Access properties.

When they appear, they can be accessed but are ghosted compared to Task One?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7336564/BADGES/conditional.png

Moodle 2.5 Beta build 20130405

Hope this info is of some help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gideon Williams

Re: Issue with Bootstrap theme and conditional activities

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

In your previous post you said somthing about testing badges? There is a problem with badges. If you enable Debugging  ( Site Administration > Development > Debugging ) you will see the warnings/errors associated.

This may/maynot have anything to do with the hidden problem, but just letting you know.

Checkout MDL-38997

Cheers

Mary

by David Scotson -
Could anyone provided step-by-step instructions for recreating this on my own machine? I don't really know anything about Conditional Activities, so it'll have to be at a pretty basic level.

by Andrew Sadler -

I experienced the same issue.  I'm using a label to encourage the student to proceed to the next step after completing a lesson activity.  The label is hidden until the lesson activity is completed.  However, when it appears it is greyed-out.

In reply to Andrew Sadler

by Andrew Sadler -

The same issue effects the description of activities.  Greyed out text after becoming visible

by Andrew Sadler -

Same issue using leatherbound, standard theme and afterburner.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Could be this that is causing this problem...

.activity.label .dimmed_text {
    opacity: 0.5;    -ms-filter:"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=50)";
    filter: alpha(opacity=50);
}

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Is this the same issue that was picked up and fixed during 2.5 testing? (As pointed out by Andrew though - this is not a bootstrapbase issue, or actually related to any specific theme, it has to do with the .dimmed_text class identified by Mary still being applied)

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDLQA-5412

Students do appear to need to log out and back in for it to pick up the fact that the activity should be released, or has there been a regression somewhere?

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Andrew Sadler -

I signed up and created a bug report, how can I link this to the existing one you mentioned?

When I searched I focused on the bug names not the comments, so I missed this earlier.

MDL-40320

EDIT: I added a comment to my bug report with links to this discussion and the bug report you mentioned.

by Andrew Sadler -

The activity is released for me, but text still appears grey.  Logging in and out again had no effect on the text color.

by Andrew Sadler -

As a quick fix I'm using the activity name as a prompt.  This text works as intended.

by Mary Evans -

The greyed out text is coming from Base theme for all themes.

This looks to me that it is as you have found Andrew, that it is in the way you set the conditions. Which leads me to suspect that there are options which if set wrongly become mutually exclusive.  So there will always be potential for errors to creep in.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Megan Atkins -

I am experiencing the same problem with conditional activities. Site has upgraded recently to 2.5 and this has only started happening. I have used conditional activities successfully in the past.

I have just checked courses that have been built before the upgrade. They were working fine before the upgrade, now the conditional activities are not working as expected.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Andrew Sadler -

Mary, can't quite follow you.  Is there a set of conditions that works and one that doesn't?

by Mary Evans -

Possibly, I'm not really sure it was only a hunch. If two things are set to be opposites of each other at the same time, then that cannot work as one excludes the other, so the item remains greyed out, because the conditions have not been set, although they have, if you get my mad logic?

I will try and get someone to look at where all the logic is added in core and see if they can find out what's happening. It could be a CSS selector restyling it.