Isometric theme not working in Moodle 2.4.3

Isometric theme not working in Moodle 2.4.3

by Frankie Kam -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mary

I am facing two problems when using Isometric theme with Moodle 2.4.3.

(1) I get this JSON error message when using the File Picker in Moodle 2.4.3 with Isometric theme:

Invalid JSON string<pre> (function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1&appId=195385693820890"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk')); {"nologin":true,"nosearch":true,"norefresh":true,"list":[],"dynload":false,"upload":{"label":"Attachment","id":"repo-form"},"allowcaching":true,"repo_id":3}</pre>

(2) Isometric theme gives me problems when using the Drag and Drop Upload in Moodle 2.4.3. The loading ferris-wheel gif image keeps rotating and never stops. If I change to another theme, I have no such problems.

I don't suppose Isometric works in the Moodle 2.4.3 environment?

Regards
Frankie Kam

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frankie Kam

Re: Isometric theme not working in Moodle 2.4.3

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

That is nothing to do with the theme, I get that when on the Moodle forums. It's a Moodle BUG, not sure what really casues it.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Mary and Frankie,

Seen elsewhere too: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=225702#p980156

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Mary Evans

by Andrew Lyons -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I don't think that the error in question is related to MDL-38287. I can't find the isometric theme anywhere - can you point me in it's direction?

Looking at the error, I wonder whether the theme has some Facebook integration? There is nothing in core moodle which attempts to include any facebook JavaScript as the included error seems to be doing. It seems that whatever generates that JavaScript (nothing in core Moodle) is passing the output through print_object (because of the presence of <pre> tags) and is perhaps trying to output this directly in somewhere strange like the theme config. It may be that MDL-38287 *does* help fix this, as it coudl be that this code is only output if AJAX_SCRIPT is not defined true.

I'd say that this is a bug with whatever is including the Facebook JavaScript, presumably the theme. If you have the theme available somewhere, I can take more of a look.

Andrew

In reply to Andrew Lyons

by Mary Evans -

Just got the JSON Error in this forum while trying to EDIT a post I was making.

Heres snapshot:

In reply to Andrew Lyons

by Mary Evans -
In reply to Mary Evans

by Andrew Lyons -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Mary,

I think that these are mostly issues with the filepicker/filemanager where they're not correctly wrapping the JSON parsing in try/catch blocks and error handling. In fact, most of the bugs you've linked seem (at a glance) to be various duplicates of one another just exhibitted in different ways.

The filepicker and filemanager are one of the (many) things I'd love to look at in 2.6.

Andrew