Planet Theme Series

Re: block settings icons don't appear (mercury)

ni Gordon McLeod -
Number of replies: 8

Hi Gareth,

Yes - I did consider having a single theme that could be switched, but didn't quite get around to it for this version. Hopefully I'll have a chance to update this for 2.5 later in the summer and will implement a switcher version then.

Regards, Gordon.

In reply to Gordon McLeod

Planet Themes - home button

ni Gordon McLeod -

Please note that you will need to replace the URL in the line <a class="logo" title="Home" href="http://inspire.rcs.ac.uk/"> with the correct url for the homepage of your own Moodle site. This line of code can be found in three places:
layout\frontpage.php (line 52)
layout\general.php (line 53)
layout\report.php (line 44)

Regards, Gordon.

Re: Planet Themes - home button

ni Richard Oelmann -
Larawan ng Core developers Larawan ng Particularly helpful Moodlers Larawan ng Plugin developers Larawan ng Testers

If you correct it in the themes to use the $cfg->wwwroot value then it wouldn't need editing for each individual install, it would just pick it up from the site

e.g. from afterburner

<a class="logo" href="<?php echo $CFG->wwwroot; ?>" title="<?php print_string('home'); ?>"></a>

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: Planet Themes - home button

ni Gordon McLeod -

Richard,

Thanks - it was originally built as an institutional theme and I'd forgotten the link was hard coded until someone asked. I'll update with the suggested change in the next couple of days and post the revised version on github and Moodle plugins.

Much appreciated, Gordon.

Planet Themes - Updated version

ni Gordon McLeod -

The planet series have now been updated to version 1.1

https://moodle.org/plugins/search.php?s=planet

Amended hardcoded home url to reference site home instead
Added css for making table internal lines visible as per Moodle Tracker issue MDL-27774
Updated css to make editing buttons on blocks more visible

Re: Planet Themes - Updated version

ni Ellen Kinsel -

Can I use the current version with Moodle 2.5? If not, when do you expect to have an updated version available?

In reply to Ellen Kinsel

ni Mary Evans -

Hi, If a theme works on 2.4, then it will work in 2.5.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

ni Gordon McLeod -

Hi,

Just to say I've updated the Earth theme from the planet series and tested with Moodle 2.6 and 2.7.

The required change was very minor (it only affected one of the links on the Moodlebar), and I'll update the other themes as soon as I have a chance over the summer. More time permitting I'll completely rewrite this as a single theme which can switch between the different colour schemes in the series, but this summer already has a heavy workload (don't they all).

Regards, Gordon.