Afterburner Top Menu Appearing Under Video

Afterburner Top Menu Appearing Under Video

by Maggie Cowan -
Number of replies: 6

We have a 2 column table on our home page.  Column 1 is text and column 2 is a video (SWF).  After adding some additional items to our top menu (custom menu), I noticed that the menu appears UNDER the video on the home page. 

Any ideas on how to fix this so the menu is always on top of the rest of the content?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maggie Cowan

Re: Afterburner Top Menu Appearing Under Video

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Am I correct in thinking this is in Internet Explorer, as this problem does not exist outside  IE7/8/9?

The FIX is easy. You need to add this line...

<param value="opaque" name="wmode" />

inside the <object></object> tag.

You may already have the "wmode" settings as "transparent", in which case just change "transparent" to "opaque" and that will fix it.

You will need to Purge all cache and refresh your browser before you see any changes.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Maggie Cowan -

Which theme file needs the extra line in the object tag?

In reply to Maggie Cowan

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I was referring to the object tag in the code that calls the .swf file. I assumed you added this in the site topic on your page or in a course page?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Maggie Cowan -

The video is called via a link in a table on the front page.

<td valign="top" width="459" colspan="2" align="right"><iframe height="300" src="http://ourlms.com/VIDEO.swf" frameborder="0" width="400"></iframe></td>

In reply to Maggie Cowan

by Maggie Cowan -

I tried embedding the SWF instead of linking to it, but that removes the player controls at the bottom of the video.