Sorry about the downtime

Sorry about the downtime

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sorry about the downtime for moodle.org.  It's amazing what bugs you find when testing an upgrade on a server with over 40000 users and 101000 posts  sleepy

Hope you enjoyed the game at least!

I'm working on the new theme now.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Sorry about the downtime

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
game was fine, I just scored 1481, reloaded the browser and was the first one in the new Moodle smile

I have already reported some bug in chat, going to fix it later wink

Are you going to change the color scheme? I need to get my picture in sync with it...
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Josep M. Fontana -
You could have warned us Moodle junkies out there. It was scary such a long time without a fix of Moodle wink

By the way, should we have to fill up a bug report when we see little glitches in the new Moodle? I've notice a couple of things (well, I guess I must not be the only one) and I thought I would just mention them somewhere. Where would be the best place?

Josep M.
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

by Tom Murdock -
Josep,

I imagine http://moodle.org/bugs is still the best place.

How amazing is it that we can all contact each other in this space with instant messages?  1.5 is a HUGE leap to closer contact online.

-Tom
In reply to Tom Murdock

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Unfortunately I'm going to have to keep them off for a while until I can identify which things are increasing the load.  Messaging is a likely candidate, judging from the FLOOD of messages I got from people  wink

We need a "only allow people on my contact list to message me" setting.

by werner mülders -
Congratulations!

Downtime was all right. So I could have good old "Kölsch"-beer in Cologne with some friends.

by Bill Burgos -
Congrats on getting the job done!

I would hope that you get some sleep and maybe a day (or half a day smile) off.

by Vu Hung -

Thanks Martin,

I really like the new interface of 1.5. Now Vietnamese language is OK with IE.

You've done a great job!

In reply to Vu Hung

by Sean S -
I like the message telling me how many unread posts in each forum. Is there going to be a way to mark all threads read? or is it there already and I'm just blind - that's pretty common