Bookmarking pages within a lesson

Bookmarking pages within a lesson

per Robert Littlepage -
Nombre de respostes: 4

I'm creating some on-line courses and the Lessons have multiple pages.  Is there a way that a student can bookmark a page should they leave so as to return to that same page and not have to start the lesson from the beginning?

I have not been able to figure this out.

Thanks

Mitjana de qualificacions: -
En resposta a Robert Littlepage

Re: Bookmarking pages within a lesson

per Sam Thing -

This doesn't answer your question directly but have you considered a common navigation across all of the linked courses like a traditional webpage.

I've implimented this as a vertical navigation on a HTML block but I've also seen it as a horizontal menu on the General Summary of each course page.

Cheers, Sam.

En resposta a Robert Littlepage

per Joseph Rézeau -
Imatge Core developers Imatge Particularly helpful Moodlers Imatge Plugin developers Imatge Testers Imatge Translators

@Robert,

Are you using the word "Lesson" in the very specific meaning of a "Lesson activity" in Moodle? If so, it is currently not possible for a student to "bookmark" a Lesson.

However, if a Lesson contains so-called "Question pages", and a student leaves a Lesson before having answered all the questions, upon re-taking that same lesson, they are asked whether they would like to start at the last page they saw rather than from the beginning.

Joseph

En resposta a Joseph Rézeau

per Robert Littlepage -

Joseph - that helps a lot.  right now the "lessons" consist of content pages.  I'm not too savy at this computer stuff and I'm self learning, but doing Question Pages makes sense - for the NEXT lesson!

Thanks, Rob