Bookmarking pages within a lesson

Bookmarking pages within a lesson

by Robert Littlepage -
Number of replies: 4

I'm creating some on-line courses and the Lessons have multiple pages.  Is there a way that a student can bookmark a page should they leave so as to return to that same page and not have to start the lesson from the beginning?

I have not been able to figure this out.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Littlepage

Re: Bookmarking pages within a lesson

by Sam Thing -

This doesn't answer your question directly but have you considered a common navigation across all of the linked courses like a traditional webpage.

I've implimented this as a vertical navigation on a HTML block but I've also seen it as a horizontal menu on the General Summary of each course page.

Cheers, Sam.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Robert,

Are you using the word "Lesson" in the very specific meaning of a "Lesson activity" in Moodle? If so, it is currently not possible for a student to "bookmark" a Lesson.

However, if a Lesson contains so-called "Question pages", and a student leaves a Lesson before having answered all the questions, upon re-taking that same lesson, they are asked whether they would like to start at the last page they saw rather than from the beginning.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Robert Littlepage -

Joseph - that helps a lot.  right now the "lessons" consist of content pages.  I'm not too savy at this computer stuff and I'm self learning, but doing Question Pages makes sense - for the NEXT lesson!

Thanks, Rob

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ah OK, indeed the Lesson "bookmark" feature does not work for "content" pages, only for "question pages".

Joseph