Using Openmeetings

Using Openmeetings

by Ahmet Emir -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I'm new in moodle and other activity mods that can be worked with moodle like openmeetings.I added openmeetings to moodle.I wonder if I can change the view of openmeetings conference room.I want to shorten whiteboard's wide and extend its height.After these,I want to transport properties and chat toolbox to the right side of the whiteboard.

I'm working in distance learning department of an university.It's necessary for me.

How could I implement these?

Best wishes

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmet Emir

Re: Using Openmeetings

by Andrew Normore -

I don't believe that's anything to do with Moodle. Personally I recommend Adobe Connect, or running your own Big Blue Button server.

Not so framiliar with OpenMeetings, myself.

In reply to Ahmet Emir

by John Andrewartha -

It depends on what you want to achieve.  There are 3 open source packages that work with Moodle.

Openmeetings, gives a full interactive online classroom, the whiteboard can be  written to by students, good for younger learners that need interaction.

Big Blue Button more a lecture delivery style of interaction.

Both the above have Moodle Modules.

Last Matterhorn OpenCast, lecture capture and archive works with Big Blue Button.

Hope that helps

John

In reply to John Andrewartha

by Ahmet Emir -

Firstly,Thanks for your helps and advices.

But unfortunately we have not too much time ,our university's distance learning education will start next week.

We have some problems.We had set up openmeetings for conference.It works but we want to  change locations of component(like chat window,properties window,whiteboard and dimensions of these etc.) in a conference room's view.

I didn't find anything about this topic on the Net.Could I implement this with openmeeting? Or Should I attach another open source conference programme like Big Blue Button to moodle?

Best Regards...

In reply to Ahmet Emir

by John Andrewartha -

Lay out of the screen is controlled by a SWF file deep in the bowls of the Openmeetings archive.

Changing it may not be that easy.  I suggest you also ask in the Apache Incubator forums where Openmeeting now resides, they may yield better answers.