Backup and restore with media

Backup and restore with media

by Matt Bury -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

I'm using Moodle 2.4. I've had a look around and haven't found anything with this specific requirement. I've tried Glossary export and Glossary and course backup and restore but none of those seem to fulfill this requirement.

What I would like to do:

Backup a Glossary module instance with all entries and media that have been uploaded and linked to in Moodle's file management system.

Transfer the backup to another Moodle installation and deploy the complete Glossary instance with all entries and media files.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Bury

Re: Backup and restore with media

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Matt,

This is MDL-28526 :: glossary does not preserve images across import/export. Created: 29/Jul/2011, still unresolved. It has only 2 votes, probably a sign that not many Moodle users are worried about it.sad

Joseph

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Matt Bury -

Still no joy on the Glossary backup and restore front?

I was hoping to be able to distribute ready made multimedia glossaries to other Moodlers. It's a shame sad

In reply to Matt Bury

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Matt,

I sympathize, but can only encourage people who need this feature to work to vote for the relevant tracker issue and ... wait for a developer to have the time to work on this bug.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Matt Bury -

Thanks Joseph.

Does anyone else need backup and restore, and import and export to work correctly on the Glossary module?

Please vote on the tracker: MDL-28526