Frontpage problems after Update to 2.4.1

Re: Frontpage problems after Update to 2.4.1

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What does "can't" look like? Are you getting errors? Is it ignoring your mouse presses? Something else?

Have you switched on Debugging? Have you checked your web server error logs?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Uwe Klemm -

Apparently, we found the problem. We compared the clean install to the upgraded one, step by step. When we switched off plagiarism detection (enableplagiarism - had been active in our 2.2 version), everything works just fine and as usual. I don't really see how plagiarism detection could possibly affect frontpage functions - but that's what solved the problem. Looks like a bug to me... Can anyone confirm that?

@Howard: Website administration was visible in the menu, the cursor changed on mouseover, but didn't respond to clicks. We haven't tried debugging, server logs looked normal. Thanks!

In reply to Uwe Klemm

by Fadi Mansour -

Thanks a lot Uwe, I was testing updating from 2.2.9+ to 2.4.3+ and I had a similar issue to yours: All the blocks on the front page were gone. Although other pages on the site did have the blocks.

I tested disabling the plagiarism/crot plugin, and the blocks returned on the home page.

This is defenitively a bug, have you reported this to the bug tracker?

Take care,

Fadi