Using Moodle in UK secondary schools/lea s

Using Moodle in UK secondary schools/lea s

by Brian Wilkins -
Number of replies: 2

Can anyone let me know of schools/local authorities using moodle in the UK to allow students from a number of schools to access course materials for consortia subjects and courses?

Thank you

Brian

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Wilkins

Re: Using Moodle in UK secondary schools/lea s

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Brian. Do you mean LEAs that have a sort of hub to which several schools connect and students access communal materials? I do know one such up in Yorkshire somewhere - it was basically just one Moodle run by the LEA  with a category for each school in the group (I wasn't overly impressed) There are several LEAs that use Moodle big time - some counties in Wales I think;  I don't know if they have communal Moodles though - might be a path worth following. My region is Lancashire and Cumbria and although there are hundreds of schools using Moodle, they are not connected; they are separate instances. I think the Stockport area also uses Moodle a lot, so might be worth investigating there. (It's the kind of question you might get a response from using Twitter actually!)

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Using Moodle in UK secondary schools/lea s

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Oh and Brian  -if you don't mind; I will move this discussion to the Lounge as I think it might be more suitably placed theresmile