Disappearing quizzes

Re: Disappearing quizzes

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 10
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I have seen the same error (first set) with restoring quizzes though it does not seem to stop them from restoring.  Did the student data come into the new quiz?

The second set of errors seem to relate to the user data. I am at a loss here short of looking at the database, trying to find the quiz in question and seeing it there is still an end date there somewhere.

What does the gradebook look like?  Are grades from the quiz there and unhidden?

Could you post screenshots of the quiz settings and course page when logged in as student and as teacher? 

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Steven Spoon -

Emma, I finally deleted the tests, reinstalled, and manually transferred the test scores. I have the same problem that I had before, the same two tests aren't visible.

I will post some screen shots asap. Thanks!

In reply to Steven Spoon

by Steven Spoon -

Here is the employee's perspective.

Attachment Employee1.jpg
In reply to Steven Spoon

by Steven Spoon -

Here is the administrative view.

Attachment Admin1.jpg
In reply to Steven Spoon

by Steven Spoon -

Here is the quiz Timing setting.

Attachment Timing-Block.jpg
In reply to Steven Spoon

by Steven Spoon -

Here is the Restrictions setting.

Attachment Restrict-Access-Block.jpg
In reply to Steven Spoon

by Steven Spoon -

Emma, I have figured out how to look at the database. However, I couldn't really figure out how to determine which particular quiz to look for as they were numbered. I have more than one quiz named "Customer Service" but they are in different courses. Can you tell me how to find this particular test (Period 1 Home > Customer Service)? Thanks!

In reply to Steven Spoon

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The quiz number  is in the URL. The quiz that you posted screenshots of is quiz 222.

In reply to Steven Spoon

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It looks like it is not hte quiz being hidden, but that whole section (week/topic) of the course. Can you check the settings on the section.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Steven Spoon -

Emma, that is good information to know, thank you.

Tim, if you had told me that a couple of days ago I would have kissed you! I would have never thought about the whole section being restricted but that was the problem. Why I set those two sections to close I don't know. Anyway, thanks for giving me the solution!

Emma, thank you soooo much for hanging with me in trying to get this resolved. Hope you both have a great week!

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Emma Richardson -

Nice catch Tim - I had looked the eye icon under the admin picture and it was open so didn't think that was it!  

Glad we finally got there!