Can't alter CSS in my theme?

Can't alter CSS in my theme?

by Brian Manning -
Number of replies: 3

Hi guys, moodle newbie here running Moodle 2.3.

I went into Appearance/themes/our sites theme and added the following additional CSS...

table {border: none;
}

but we still have what looks like 1px light gray border on our tables.

I don't have access to the original files as the site was designed by an outside company who host Moodle for us.

Any idea what Im doing wrong? Also, Id like to change every 2nd topic background colour to alternate to set the topics apart. Is this all stuff that needs to be done in the original code by the outside company? Or is it possible on my end. Ive searched around a lot and cant find a satisfying answer.

Many thanks,

Brian.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Manning

Re: Can't alter CSS in my theme?

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Try table, table.generalbox, table.generaltable {border-width: 0; }

and see how that pans out.

Remember you will nee Theme Designer Mode enabled first otherwise you wont see the changes.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Brian Manning -

Thanks for that Mary, it doesnt seem to have worked though. I also typed in  

p {color:#91535f} to see if the font would change colour but no luck.

This is the code I have in the CSS box....

table {border-width: 0; }

table.generaltable {border-width: 0; }

table.generalbox {border-width: 0; }

p {color:#91535f}

Maybe im in the wrong theme settings? But the theme name is sunbeam which is the name of our company and we had the theme built specifically so I presume Im in the right area.

EDIT: I just switched themes to the 'leatherbound' theme and the table border wasnt there so it must be coded into our 'sunbeam' theme.

In reply to Brian Manning

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It might be the settings page isn't working as it should. There may be some code missing, like this line from sunbeam/config.php

$THEME->csspostprocess = 'sunbeam_process_css';

If that code is missing then the settings are not being picked up, in which case I would ask for a refund! LOL

Mary smile