Moodle 2.4 - Child Parent Layout Incorrect

Moodle 2.4 - Child Parent Layout Incorrect

by Gary Newport -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

I have just upgraded to Moodle 2.4 and was really pleased to see the ability to show metacourse relationships on the home page. However, this shows the Child to the Parent. Since the concept is to have multiple metacourses associated to a single child (so, you enrol a student on the course and the metacourses inherit that enrollment immediately) it would make sense to ONLY show metacourses as subsets of the child and NOT show metacourses in any other way.

Is this possible.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Newport

Re: Moodle 2.4 - Child Parent Layout Incorrect

by Bob Puffer -

What you outline is certainly a potential use case but is not the only one and IMO is not the predominant one.  At least in Higher Ed metacourses have a one to many relationship with child courses.

In reply to Bob Puffer

Re: Moodle 2.4 - Child Parent Layout Incorrect

by Gary Newport -

Actually we have a M:N relationship in some cases; with metacourses being exchanged between courses (this is Post-16 and not Higher). We have vocational courses made up of units. Those units are added to relevant child courses as and when required; hence the need to show the Child Course (BTEC IT) and beneath this all the units for that course (the meta courses).

I do understand that in Higher it would be totally the other way around and predominance could become a major debate between the two communities but a simpler solution is for me to find out where this is being set and then how to invert it for my installation. smile

Another thing I would like to be able to do is only show the metacourses AS a relationship to the Child Courses and NOT list them independently. I presume this would be in the same area but if someone could point out where I'd be most grateful.